Medicus Wellness Inc.
Amy is a Registered Pharmacist with over 30 years of experience.
She is a Functional Medicine Health Consultant, and the Founder of Medicus Wellness.
Amy’s search for answers on her own health issues lead her to functional medicine. The positive impact of functional medicine approach to health was so significant that she felt compelled to further her studies and incorporate functional medicine into her practice. Amy is convinced that staying well and prevention are the keys to health and longevity. Yet, the current system is a disease care model where we do not take action until someone is sick. Even then, we take a band-aid approach and address only the symptoms, and not the root causes.
Amy Ku, Health Consultant
“I genuinely care about your health and wellness, and I am here to help.”
Outside of her role as a health consultant, Amy also has an advisor role with Type 1 Together, an advocacy group for Type 1 Diabetes patients. In her free time, Amy enjoys running, yoga, and Zumba. Her favorite way to start the day? Practice mindfulness meditation first thing in the morning followed by a mindful walk with her dog Cooper.
“I feel it is important to educate people on how to live a healthy lifestyle and bring awareness to the holistic and functional medicinal options that can help improve your health.”
Who is Accountable for your Health?
Summary of qualifications
- Graduated from University of British Columbia in 1987.
- Registered pharmacist for more than 30 years with the British Columbia College of Pharmacists
- Fellow of Anti-Aging, Metabolic and Functional Medicine
- Diplomate of American Board of Anti-Aging Health Practitioners
- Certification in Advanced Endocrinology
- Certification in non-sterile compounding
- Certification in Life Coaching
- Member of the British Columbia Pharmacists Association
- Yoga Teacher Training – 200HR RYT
- Master of Business Administration, Simon Fraser University